Veg Patch

To read the story of my Veg/Flower Patch in chronological order use the links in the Blog Archive

Thursday 6 April 2017

I am in love with Tulips all over again

I have always liked tulips but have only ever had the plain ones. I planted this bed with some bulbs I bought at a garden centre a couple of years ago. 




Nice basic flowers that look good in a vase.  Last autumn I was tempted by a bulb producer, Peter Nyssen to invest in some fancy ones. I didn't buy a lot as I wanted to wait and see how they turned out.

Well safe to say over the last few days they have begun to flowers and I am totally and utterly smitten. The flowers are just gorgeous and I will be investing in loads more this autumn. 




One has yet to flower but looks promising, It is a Parrot variety of the type you see in all the amazing old Dutch masters paintings.


The remainder are all in flower now and I am delighted with my purchase. What do you think? 









Hope you love them as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. I do like the lily shaoed tulips, they are really elegant.

    ReplyDelete